Now we are talking about a versatile delicacy! First I dipped my low-carb cookies in this scrumptious sugar-free chocolate cheesecake dip, but then I realized that this treat works also perfectly as mousse. After that I filled my whoopie pies with it… and then spread it on a slice of almond flour bread. Oh mine, it couldn’t get any better! Or could it? Yes, it could: only 5 healthy ingredients and easy as pie!
Tips for making the Sugar-Free Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
Preparing this treat differs a bit whether you are going to make a dip or use it as frosting or filling. If you make dip, add the cream after mixing all other ingredients first with an electric mixer. If you are making frosting or filling, add the cream together with everything else beating all ingredients at the same time with an electric mixer. Be careful not to overbeat the mixture. When there is cream, you might end up with butter and whey if you mix too long.
If you would like to pipe the frosting or filling, be sure to use tip with large enough hole — otherwise the frosting gets stuck to the tip because of the tiny chocolate pieces.
Let’s take a closer look of the preparing process (which really is simple!):
I like to grate my chocolate with cheese slicer — it’s really a versatile tool! Cheese slicer is also great for transferring cut out cookies to a baking sheet.
However, grating with cheese slicer needs some time and power, and extra care with hands and fingers. I’m a master of grating and slicing my fingers so I’m the first one to pay attention to this! To make things easier for your busy schedule and your fingers, you can also process the chocolate into tiny pieces in a food processor.
After grating the chocolate, just add that chocolate, cream cheese, cocoa powder and sweetener in a bowl. Personally, I find deep and narrow bowl to be the best.
Beat quickly with an electric mixer just until well mixed…
Add the cream and fold it in the mixture with (rubber) spatula…
…until smooth and velvety.
- 1.5 oz = 45 g dark chocolate (minimum 85 % cocoa solids)
- 8 oz = 230 g full-fat cream cheese (natural, unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup = 120 ml Confectioner’s Style Swerve OR powdered erythritol
- 1/4 cup = 60 ml organic heavy cream
- Grate the chocolate with a cheese slicer or process in a food processor until tiny crumbs.
- Combine the chocolate, cream cheese, cocoa powder, and the sweetener in a medium bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until well mixed. This doesn’t take long, just about a minute.
- Add the cream to the mixture and mix gently with a spatula until the consistency is smooth.
Leave a Reply