With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a hearty and flavorful meal that’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight meal or a filling lunch to take on the go, this Carnivore Chicken Casserole is the perfect choice.
So, why wait? Grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a delicious meal that’s both easy to make and tastes amazing. I guarantee you will be delighted and satisfied!
What is this Carnivore Chicken Casserole about?
The Carnivore Chicken Casserole is a 5-ingredient recipe that features cubed rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, shredded Cheddar, and Cajun seasoning (optional). The ingredients are mixed together in a food processor, transferred to a baking dish, and baked in the oven until golden brown. The result is a hearty and flavorful casserole that’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a filling lunch. Plus, it’s extremely easy to make.
Actually, I just realized that this recipe is perfect for those suffering from swallowing problems as it’s easy to swallow and so hearty and nourishing.
Can I Use Uncooked Chicken instead of Rotisserie Chicken?
No, it’s best to use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken for this recipe to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked and tender. You can naturally buy raw chicken and cook it yourself to be used for this recipe.
Can I Use a Different Type of Cheese Instead of Cheddar?
Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese that you prefer, such as Swiss or pepper jack. That said, I recommend sharp and flavorful cheese for the tastiest result.
Can I Omit the Cajun Seasoning?
Yes, you can omit the seasoning if you prefer a plant-free meal. You can also use another seasoning you prefer and tolerate.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can prepare the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it. Just be sure to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the casserole is cold from the fridge.
Can I Freeze the Leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months. Just ensure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag, and allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Can I use Other Meats than Chicken?
Sure, any cooked meat goes. However, the flavor will be more intense with, for example, red meat, but the casserole will still be very tasty.
Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Make this Easy Carnivore Meal
So, now it’s time to take a more detailed look at how to prepare this incredibly tasty, hearty, and easy recipe.
Place 1 lb (450 g) of cubed rotisserie chicken into a food processor.
Process until fine.
Add 8 oz (230 g) cream cheese…
…1 cup (240 ml) sour cream…
…and 1 cup (240 ml) shredded Cheddar.
Process until well combined.
Oh yes, I almost forgot! If you like, add 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning to the mixture.
Process again until well combined.
Transfer the mixture into an 8-inch (20 cm) baking dish.
Level the surface with a spatula.
Bake at 350 °F (175 °C) for about 45 minutes, or until the surface has risen.
Remove from the oven, and let set for 15 minutes.
How I Came up with this 5-Ingredient Carnivore Recipe
After last week’s sweet keto treat, I wanted to post a hearty main course recipe; preferably a carnivore dish.
I went through my list of recipe ideas and suddenly realized that I had developed a delicious casserole recipe for my latest Finnish keto eBook. That would be easy to convert into a 5-ingredient recipe for this blog as I had used quite some various spices in that recipe which would be easy to replace with, let say, Cajun seasoning that happens to be one of my favorite seasonings for savory dishes.
I also adjusted the measures to fit better US units as I had used metric units for my Finnish recipe.
After those tweaks, I was ready to conduct my experiment. The result was super tasty and hearty. The consistency was just perfect: moist and dense but not too watery; it was creamy and rich beyond belief! Also, the taste was mouthwatering: 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning was undoubtedly the best seasoning for this dish.
Comfort food at its best!
Here’s the recipe for you to enjoy:
- 1 lb = 450 g cubed rotisserie chicken
- 8 oz = 230 g full-fat plain cream cheese
- 1 cup = 240 ml full-fat sour cream
- 1 cup = 240 ml shredded Cheddar
- (1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Process the chicken in a food processor until crumbled.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor with the chicken. Process until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into an 8-inch (20 cm) baking dish. Level the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until the surface is golden brown and the center has risen a bit.
- Remove from the oven and let set for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve as a hearty dinner or pack as lunch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases - without any extra costs for you.
|Per serving (makes 6 servings)
Tips for Variations
Want to jazz up your casserole? Here are 5 variations on the basic Carnivore Chicken Casserole recipe:
- Add vegetables: If you tolerate veggies, mix in some cooked zucchini, riced broccoli, or cooked mushrooms to add some extra flavor and texture to the casserole.
- Use different seasonings: Experiment with different types of seasonings, such as Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or taco seasoning, to give the casserole a different flavor profile.
- Substitute the chicken: Try using different types of cooked meat, such as ground beef, turkey, or pork, instead of chicken for a different twist on the recipe.
- Make it spicy: If you like a little heat, add some diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes to the casserole mixture for a spicy kick.
- Top it off: Sprinkle some crushed pork rinds on top of the casserole before baking for a crispy, crunchy topping. Alternatively, sprinkle 1 cup (240 ml) of shredded Cheddar on the casserole for an even cheesier take on the dish.
This week was a bit more quiet in my online store, so I had time to delve into other tasks. I’m planning to launch my first own product next week, and I was preparing for that in many ways.
On Tuesday, I picked up the product from the company which packed it, and added labels myself to the pouches. I was also creating lots of recipes with the product so that I would have them immediately available after the launch.
I will have the launch on my Finnish Instagram channel @ellinkeittio on Wednesday 20th, at 6 pm, so feel free to join me as all my Instagram followers who participate in the live event will get the new product for free (plus shipping). The event will be held in Finnish, but don’t worry, I will launch the product later for the international audience.